Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Desk and a Banner

We've been having a heat wave and so much wind lately that it's almost painful to go out midday.  Also causes allergies to go crazy!  But my relief is being in my craft room and getting some play time.  And today is no exemption! You know, if you've been following my blog, that I join up with a group of fellow crafters and give you a view of my desk, all put together and linked through our head desker, Julia at the Stamping Ground. My view was taken yesterday mid afternoon when I get some good light.


I'm in the process of prepping for a class on Friday.  I have about 4 gals coming.  Class size is shrinking due to so many going back to their summer residences where it's so much cooler than here. So, my desk. From left to right,  My company catalog under some of my printed directions and card samples plus a bag of personalize sized Glaze (like Diamond Glaze, Crystal Lacquer, or whatever it is called these days). Next a card sample with card kits being prepped.  Then my paper trimmers. Yep, 2 of them in use depending on the size of paper I need to cut. And on the right, my ATG adhesive runner and Platinum machine. In the back you can see my ScanNCut2, other tools and supplies, cleaning rag, bottles of Silks (a water-based color that one splatters on the project), my OTT light, and baskets of scraps, UFOs, and what-not.

Last week I gave a teaser of the project I was working on then.  Are you ready to see it?


It was difficult to photo this 6' banner.  I laid it out on our living room carpet in front of the window to get the best light possible. I'm not sure how large it will get if you click on it but give it a try.  I also have pics of the components.  You've seen one of the 6 tassels last week so I'll show the paper parts.


This red banner is on both ends. I used stuff purchased and cut up from a dollar store and added die cut stars.


Again I used a die cut star but added some garland also purchased at a dollar store.


And same here. I'll be mailing this to our daughter-in-law for her birthday (mid July) mid early June along with our grandson's birthday gift (mid June). I'll wrap it and leave a note to not open it until July 1. (I'm sure she'll open it sooner....).  This took about 2 - 3 days to make as I hand sewed the tassels to the ribbon and the flowers/buttons to the tassels! I guess I can add the tassel again so you don't have to look back...


Everything die cut used my company's dies. The tassels were made using a large steel rule die that required my large die cut machine. I"m planning on using the left over bandanas to make a wreath for me but I need to purchase a foam wreath!

Ok, my post today was a bit photo heavy but I was excited to share this with you.  Please head over to the Stamping Ground for the links to the other desks, fun projects, and great scenery!  And please leave me a comment before you go and let me know what you think of my banner!

StampinCarol

8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Carol, that's a fabulous banner. Thanks for the close ups of the individual pieces. I'm sure it will go down incredibly well. Have a good week. Sarah #9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi carol, love the banner. It opens up plenty big enough to see all the detail in it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX #10

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for the late visit. A huge storm knocked out my electricity and internet about the time I began visiting. I finally gave up waiting for it to come back on and went to bed.

Yes, the banner enlarged perfectly. I love it, and it is so patriotic for July, too. I'm sure your DIL will love the banner, and may well open before July 1. It will be a great way to celebrate the 4th. I adore that you used bandannas, too. I bought some at my dollar store, two for $1.00 (USD).

It's ungodly hot here, too. It is more like July than May. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Helen said...

your banner looks fabulous! shame your classes are dropping in size. Helen #2

glitterandglue said...

Hi Carol. A great banner - well done. I'm sure your family will love it.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your banners, what fun they are. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x23x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, love your banner! Thanks for showing the close-ups as it gives us a chance to really see the detail. I don't think I could stand the heat and winds that you're experiencing, I'd have to retreat to my craft room too!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your banner turned out fabulous, so much detail with those hand sewn areas too. Your Daughter will love it i'm more than sure.
I hope those strong winds subside soon, although it's a good excuse to retreat to your craft room. Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Creative wishes Tracey #5