Friday, March 23, 2018

Good Friends

I already have the info for our April Bloom Box but I still have 2 more cards from this month's box that I haven't shared yet.  So I guess I better share one today and the last one on Monday to get caught up!

This card is pretty cool but not quite my favorite (I'll share it Monday). 


I would never have thought of this background design with this set of stamps, Go Wild.  (Remember, this cool set is ONLY available this month.)  I stamped the mountains on the Black Licorice card stock layer using Whip Cream ink.  Looks pretty cool in real life.  I then splattered it with Gold Silk then layered it on a Cool Pool card base.  I used the Badge Label die set with Sweet Pear card stock to make the base for the top piece and the Oval dies with Whip Cream card stock for the sentiment.


I stamped the sentiment on the White oval using Black Licorice ink then splattered with more Gold Silk. I then stamped it again on a piece of scrap using Sweet Berry ink and again on another piece using Cool Pool ink.  I cut out the 2 word pieces and used our small Foam Squares to mount them over the words on the base. I set this piece aside for now.  Next I took strips of our Corrugated Stock, Project Me Prints, and Bubble Gum card stock, tor or banner cut an end of each and stapled them to the Sweet Pear Badge using our Journey Stapler and Brush Gold Staples.  I then used Medium Foam Squares to attach the sentiment piece over the top.

I do need to remind you here that all card stocks come pre-cut and pre-die cut so you don't have to worry if you don't have the dies.  I do not yet have the Badge die set so I love that this is done for me.  You do need inks, Silks (optional), and adhesives. You can even change the card design if you so desire.

Definitely a different look and I think this card would be great for a graduation card or even a retirement card!  What do you think?

StampinCarol

No comments: