Monday, March 5, 2018

Easter Dum Dum Sucker Toppers

I like to send little goodies to the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids for Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, and whenever I feel like it so, since Easter is coming, I got inspired!  I looked for flat suckers but could only find the round Dum Dums so here's what I came up with.


Only the cute little bunnies are current and they're made from our little Hop Cuts die that you can get free with a $100 order.  But these are SO popular they're temporarily out of stock and should be back in mid month.  I have 2 more coming.  Also they're only available until the end of March as they're in our Bloom This Way mini which expires midnight march 31.

The little chickie, guy, and gal images retired last year but I liked them so well I kept them.  I am debating selling the stamp set with the chickie.  And I used yellow flock from my stock to make him fuzzy.  Just so cute!


I did a bunch of coloring on the gal and guy using our Color Burst pencils.  I also used some Sparkle Silk on the glasses, lips, monocle, and eye.


The guy background was also made of retired product along with coordinating dies. But they are just perfect for these!


After I die cut the bunnies I stamped them with either the Flannel Life Background or Deco Dots ATS. I used various card stocks and inks. This bunny I added a little tie using our Whip Cream Thread. My Amaze machine got quite the workout! I used only our Craft Glue as it was strong enough to hold permanently.

I also did a FaceBook Live video last Friday showing how I made the bunnies.  I got it saved to YouTube and I have to admit, I have a blast doing these!  I really should be more professional but I just can't.  Maybe someday I'll figure out how to record and edit before publishing.


So, anyway, here is my video.  Enjoy and have a good laugh.

StampinCarol

No comments: