Friday, March 9, 2018

Do Small Things

About 3 times a year Fun Stampers Journey does what they call FSJ Live.  It's a 4 hour live YouTube video party to celebrate the upcoming new mini catalog.  We had our first for this year last Saturday. Those who ordered the "Bundle", a box of stamps, 4 card kits, dies (some cost extra), and a booklet of directions, got an email link to the Live plus a pre-recorded video of how to make the cards.  We also got the chance to purchase a few more bundles (some stamps and goodies) of products from the upcoming Mini. I did make 1 card this week but will be doing the other 3 tomorrow with some fellow coaches (2 are my downline) as we again watch the 2 videos. We will have a potluck lunch and lots of laughs.  Here's the 1 card I made...



This new set, Small Things, is beautiful! It's a set of 8 stamps, 3 butterflies and 5 sentiments.  I also purchased the coordinating die set.  Can you figure out how I made the background?  I haven't done this in 11 years!  In fact, just a few months before moving here to southern AZ I taught a class of about 8 gals in eastern WY how to do this.  It's very messy but look at those results!!  Ok, I used cheap shaving cream and some of our Liquid Colors!


Can you see the sparkle on the butterfly?  I added some Glaze and Sparkle Cuts (not glitter but bigger chunks) to the larger black spots.

Stamp Set: Small Things (SS-0572) - available April 1
Dies: Small Things (DI-0432 - available April 1) and Decorative Hearts Set (DI-0218)
Card stocks: Whip Cream and Pool Play
Ink: Black Licorice
Coloring & Mediums: Catalina Splash Liquid Color, Lovely Blue Liquid Color, and Silver Silk
Embellishments: Blue Skies Sequins, Sparkle Cuts, & Whip Cream Thread
Tools: Details Pro Shears, Crease Tool, Media Tray, and the Amaze
Adhesives: Easy Glide Runner, Glaze, Foam Squares Medium, and Craft Glue
Other: paper towels, shaving cream (not gel!),

Did you enjoy your sneak peak of one of our upcoming stamp sets?  I'll be sharing the other 3 cards in the coming weeks!  And I'll be sharing the link to the new mini about the 30th.  Just watch for the change of mini catalogs on the left sidebar! And if you're one of my customers please reserve your catalog as I have 24 coming and some are already reserved!

StampinCarol

No comments: