Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Work Desk and Mystery Item Card

If you have been following  me for long you know that each Wednesday, when I'm able, I take part in a weekly blog hop of desks. I've been doing this for about 5 years.  Yeah, and this fun weekly get together has been going on for over 8 years!  It was started and is keep together by Julia at the Stamping Ground.   I took my desk picture yesterday afternoon as the light is better and I'm usually in the middle of a project.  This time is no different.


I've been trying to upload my pics here a little bigger but sometimes Blogger gets a little finicky and stalls. Hopefully if you want to click on the picture you can get it a bunch bigger.  I'm working on the first of 4 card kits for a class on Friday.  I have 8 reservations and 1 tentative (she was ill yesterday) so I'm making 10 kits.  I usually use 1 to show what we're to do. So, far left front, the directions & supply list.  Middle, paper trimmer and starting to cut the card stock. Far right, scraps. Back, all kinds of stuff.

I do have a project to show you.  This Saturday is our monthly stampers group meeting, SALSA.  That stands for Stampers At Large Stamping Away.  And since this is the southwest of the U.S. it is a very popular dip or sauce, whatever. And I needed to make a card using a mystery item we got last month at our meeting.  It was a sheet of tissue with large green chili peppers and small red chili peppers.


I cut out a bunch of each peppers and ran them through my little X machine sticker maker. I did a poor job adhering them on my card front but it is kinda wild.  I also stamped a FSJ image that works well with the theme along with one for the orange background.


I added some sparkle to the sombrero and eyes and some Black Silk (a very liquid ink for splattering). My hubby laughed when I showed him my card and was surprised that I cut every chili pepper out by hand and adhered them.  I even cut one out and adhered to the envelope as we are required to have a decorated one with the card.

And if you want a laugh, my last post has a YouTube video of me demonstrating making a card.  It's 11 minutes and hilarious.  I struggled not to laugh a couple times and did give a good guffaw at one point.  It was a FaceBook Live video for my business page but I found out how to make it a YouTube to share on my blog.  You will hear me say hello to gals who came one while I was recording. Warning, I am promoting the company I'm with in this video.

Ok, now you've reached the end of this post.  I hope you enjoyed my desk and project. Please head over to the Stamping Ground for links to more desks.  I'll be going here and there as I have to get 3 more sets of card kits made (that's 30 more to go!) today.  And have a great day!

StampinCarol

8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Carol, I do love your card with the chilli peppers and the cute cactus critter. Hope your workshop goes well. Have a great week. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love your cheeky chappie on the from of the card, he made me smile this morning! And SALSA is a great acronym for your crafting group, bet you all have fun there!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol, really fun cards. Love them. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Lindart said...

I love your Chili card-so much fun! And the name of your group as well, hopefully you get the chips and Salsa out for snack time!I am now going to check out your video! Have a great week, Lindart #29

Helen said...

oh, great card! have a good week. Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi Carol, what a great, fun card. The cactus is great! Have a lovely week Heather x #28

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Carol that card is lovely and so full of happiness. I like the idea of the mystery items to make your card, what fun! Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Carol. That card is so much fun! Great idea. Well done. Now, to find that video...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3