Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Messy Desk and Lemonade

It's to be a cold and possibly rainy day today but I don't have time to create at my desk.  If you follow me you know that each Wednesday I try to hook up with Julia at the Stamping Ground and other fellow crafters to give you the opportunity to see my desk.  If you're so inclined you can even join up with us if you have a pic of your desk and check out how HERE.Well, I'm working at my computer desk instead as I prepare my spreadsheets for tax time.  I did get our personal stuff and hubby's contract labor stuff done yesterday.  Today I'll be working on my stamp stuff.  Yes, I do have to file taxes on it as I get a 1099 from the company I'm affiliated with.



My desk is loaded with stuff unloaded from my totes last Friday after my class. Oh, there's some of my Easter cards just to the right of my Cricut on the left. And my March 16 class cards just in front of those. Hmmm, stamps from the class front and center along with assorted tools.  My card sample for my March 9 class is center back, the brown funny shaped one. And far right is some stuff sitting on my ATG adhesive runner and my Amaze machine far right front. Right back, stuff that really needs to find a place to go.

I had to go looking for a card to share with you today.  This one was a sketch challenge by an associate.


I used all Fun Stampers Journey products except for the straw.  I decided I wanted to look forward to a bit warmer weather and this card celebrates that.


I used our Color Burst colored pencils to color (that's a lot of color...  LOL!) the lemon wedges. Looks yummy to me!

Please now head over to the Stamping Ground and check out all the links to other desks and enjoy!  We may even pass each other across the web as I take breaks and look around.

StampinCarol

10 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol. great card and fantastic colouring. So vibrant, as you say, a taste of summer. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

glitterandglue said...

Hi Carol. Goodness - what a lot of different projects sitting there waiting for you! Have fun!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Rather you than me with the tax stuff - I used to hate doing mine when I was freelance! That card is fab, the straw is the perfect finishing touch :-D
Hugs LLJ 14 xxxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Ahhh Taxes. I've got most of our done. Only 1 left to do for my father-in-law! Love your busy desk and the card is fabulous! Speaks of summer days!!
Have a great day!
~Sandy #30

Helen said...

what great, zingy colours! hope you got on ok with the taxes. Helen #1

April said...

Very busy desk. The card makes me think of summer.
April #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant card, lovely bright colours just what we need at this time of the year. Busy desk too, looks like you have plenty on the go. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x16x

My name is Cindy said...

Great card, makes me want a gin and tonic!! Good luck with the taxes!! Happy WOYWW Cindy #19

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Carol, that card is fab. We have a snow day today so it helped warm me up a little. I can't wait until this biting wind goes away. Have a good week and good luck with all the tax stuff. Sarah #15

okienurse said...

great looking card! Love the colors! Good luck with the taxes. I got mine electronically filed and had my state return back in less then a week! Sorry I am so late getting around this week but all sorts of things jumped in my way! Vickie #32