Monday, December 4, 2017

A Blue Brocaded Doily

I have had to restock my card rack at a local store (unfortunately no sales for 2 months) with some sympathy cards and replace the seasonal cards.  Using a sketch from a FSJ page challenge I came up with this:


I wanted to make a card that was a bit brighter than usual and love the elegance of this card.  I used 3 card stocks, Huckleberry Fusion, Pool Play, and Whip Cream along with the pattern paper from the Designers Choice Prints paper pack.  I used a retired embossing folder (oops) on the Pool Play banner that kinda matched the paper pattern.  I used 2 stamp sets, Decorative Doily Bundle and Sentimental Prints.


I love the Detail Foliage die and cut it into a few pieces to use.
Using Foam Squares, Easy Glide Runner, and Glue Dots I assembled my card.  I used our wonderful little Detail Pro Shears to do all my cutting.  This little scissor is non-stick and self-sharpening!!  Great for small areas but it's always right close to where I'm working.  I did all my die cutting on our Amaze machine which sits right next to where I sit at my work table.

Saturday I took part in our 4th FSJ Presents get together and played with stamps and items from our upcoming Bloom This Way mini (goes live Jan. 1, 2018).  I have ordered 16 minis to share with my customers and it will be available online, too.  I will be sharing the 4 cards we made later this week along with one of the great new products we got in our FSJ Presents bundle.  You can take part in these as a "customer" and be eligible to receive new products, make cards, receive the upcoming mini catalog, and get to purchase more product in bundles from the new mini! I did order 2 product bundles and they should ship about the 7th.

StampinCarol

No comments: