Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Again, a Busy Desk

Seems like my days have been so busy lately.  I was trying to think of a saying but I've totally lost it.  So, I'll just say "I'm so far behind I see my butt up ahead."  And I barely remembered that today is Happy Deskers Day... Well, close enough.  And you get the opportunity to view my desk and many others. And since I've been watching the old Mission Impossible lately as I work at my desk, "Your mission, Jim, should you choose to accept it"....  Yep, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for the links to many other desks and great projects!

And now my mission is to show you my desk....


This pic was taken yesterday afternoon.  I was in the process of making 10 card kits for the 1st of 4 cards for my class on Friday.  I hope to get a LONG ways today on the other 3 cards.

And I made a card late last week using a sketch challenge.  I turned the sketch over and went from there.





I used a folded Baby Wipe and a couple of our Liquid Colors to make the background and splatterd with a Silk (a liquid shimmer product).  I wanted it to look windy.  I stamped the large dandelion and embossed the 2 little ones and did 2nd generation stamping for the little wisps of dandelions on the page. Some fun little sparkly dots, a sentiment, some layering and the card was done.  All products by Fun Stampers Journey.

So now your mission here is over - unless you'd be so kind as to leave a comment. Please head over to Julia's Stamping Ground, check out her desk and the links to others.  And maybe we'll meet somewhere along the way!

StampinCarol

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

I love the subtle texture of the white embossing over the blue stamped image. Lovely sentiment too. Happy WOYWW Sarah #19

Marit said...

Ohh, I remember 'working from a sketch' from my scrapbooking days and I just bought me a new scrapbooking album last weekend, I might go searching for a sketch, you inspired me! You made a wonderful card, love the layering and the colours! Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ha, that made me laugh!! I completely understand as I've been so busy I think I could spy by derrière up ahead too, lol! Love that blue and white card, gorgeous!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxxx

Pam said...

Love your card! Great take on Sketch #2 with one of my fave stamp sets. I feel your pain about kitting. I have kits for 3 cards for 16 people at my monthly class PLUS starting to kit for a Christmas Card Stamp a Stack with 4 cards that everyone will make 4 each of. That's a lot of cutting! Good luck with yours!

Helen said...

fab sketch card! I always had trouble interpreting them. Hope you catch yourself up soon and get things done. Helen #1

Felicia said...

Carol, I love blue! And your card reminds me of the cool wind blowing summer away and the fall and winter is being ushered in! I don't use white embossing powder enough and am reminded how effective in can be! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Felicia #27

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol, you certainly achieved the windy look on that background. Love the card, it's beautiful. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxXx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card Carol and love the techniques you've used. Hope you enjoy your class on Friday too. Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela x11x

Lindart said...

Just once I want to hear him say -"no way, I'm NOT going to accept THAT!!" Your card is beautiful, almost feels snowy! Have a great class! Thanks for sharing, have a great week! Lindart #29