Friday, October 6, 2017

A Little Racoon

I do not have health insurance through the normal channels but belong to a company called Samaritan Ministries which is a health share program.  It is ACA compliant and each month I'm told who to send a card to and how much (between $220 - 230) as my share to help them with their needs. (And when I have a need others in this program send me money to help pay my medical bills.) This month the family I sent to is expecting a baby in February and I just had to make a special card.


I searched through my stamps and could not find a Congrats small enough (what I had that is current was way too big) so unfortunately that particular stamp is retired. This card is from a Bloom Box way back and the little Oatmeal Cookie die cut label die is retired.  I started with a Whip Cream card stock base then a layer of Candy Apple and finally a layer of Electric Lime that was embossed with our Beach Towel embossing folder.  The little raccoon is from our Creature Comforts Bundle.  I did not color him at all, I liked him as black and white. I think the Whip Cream oval really sets him off and I used Natural Twine to "tie" this layout together.


I splattered some Sparkle Silk on the embossed layer for a touch of bling.  I also used my Amaze machine, Foam Squares, and Easy Glide Adhesive.

I think my recipients will like this card, what do you think?

StampinCarol

No comments: