Wednesday, September 13, 2017

WOYWW Desk and a Couple Cards

It's a glorious Wednesday!  The temperature is coming down (below 100*F anyway) and the smoke in the air from the fires in Los Angeles has cleared.  Allergies are minimal, too.  Yeah!  But today is a grand day to tour desks all over this globe!  And Julia at the Stamping Ground is the place to go for the links.

My desk, picture taken yesterday, was in the throes of making a couple cards a lady called and wanted.  It took a bit to tidy up so I can start on some more projects today.


There is a pile on the far left of stamps, dies, and 3 containers of PanPastels.  Middle has an old stamp set from The Angel Company of moose, elk, and other animals, an ink pad, my square dies, and a plate to my Amaze machine.  Far right,  a computer generated phrase ready to die cut sitting on my Amaze and my ATG adhesive runner.  I finished both cards and here they are.


She wanted this card for her brother.  It had to have a moose.


She wanted a cat card for a friend going through chemotherapy.  I no longer have the stamps of the card she seen and this is the only cat I have.

I hope she likes these.  I'll call her tomorrow and make arrangements for after work on Thursday to get them delivered.  She was very complimentary of my cards and that felt very good!

I hope your hump day is going well.  Please remember to head over to the Stamping Ground and check out the deskers willing to share their work areas!

StampinCarol

10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Carol, great card designs I'm not surprised you were complimented. Glad that the air is clearer and the temperatures a little more bearable. Happy WOYWW Sarah #26

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love that cat! It's so much more characterful than those blooming Tim Holtx crazy ones, which I detest! The lady will be happy with them, I'm sure. I bet you're glad the temps are lower, that sort of heat would finish me off!
Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Well done for having a moose stamp! Always great when you can make a card commission up at short notice. Ali x #7

glitterandglue said...

Hi Carol. How special to get commissions like that! The cards are great - hope the lady likes them.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Lindart said...

Cute kitty card - I'm sure she'll love it! Have a great week, and thanks for sharing! Lindart #31

Heather M said...

Hi Carol. Love the cat! Don't think I'd have much call for a moose! Have a lovely week, Heather #30

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card card. He looks like a real moody guy. Have a great woyww and happy crafting. Thanks for the visit to mine too, Angela x16x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Carol, love the cards. Looking through my stamps the other day, I was surprised how many animal stamps I have that I've not used! Shocking. But I know I don't have a moose, lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

May said...

Love the cat card... good job you had a moose stamp... they both are great.. I am so glad the temperature is lowering for you all... Have a safe week ahead... May #15

Anonymous said...

That Cat makes me laugh, she'll Love it!
Gail S. from Michigan