Monday, July 31, 2017

Birthday Cacti

When I placed my first order from our new catalog 4 week ago I purchased a cool new die set called Designer Frames Die set.  This cool new die has 4 inserts, 3 of which are words.  Here's a card I made using the Birthday insert and our new Arizona Trail Bundle.


I used paper from our Mother Nature Collection.  The solid colors are Pomegranate Splash, Denim Days, Oatmeal Cookie, and Green Olive.  The pattern is from Mother Nature Prints.



I flicked some Sparkle Silk on the card and painted a bit on the cactus flower.  All stamping was done using Black Licorice ink.  Did you notice the cacti has some coloring?  I used Whip Cream from our Color Burst pencils and a bit of other colors to make the cacti pop more.  This card came about by accident as I really wanted to play with the Designer Frame die. I cut the die and thought it worked great with this pattern. After that I had to go through me stamps to see what worked with the color palette I was using  Yep, I think it worked out pretty good!  What do you think?

StampinCarol

1 comment:

Terry said...

You go girl! What a colorfully lovely way to optimize your stash and share some great new graphics with family and friends. These samples are the beginnings of clever communication conveyance by snail mail.....all that schreech of the mailbox opening~ music to a cardcrafter's ear! and anyone benefitting from creative sharing. Keep Looking UP!