Monday, June 5, 2017

The Last Doily Card

I have been busy making my trades and stuff for the Fun Stampers Journey 3rd annual convention starting Wednesday in Chandler, AZ (a Phoenix suburb).  But I still have one more card from the May Bloom Box to share with you.

This was actually the first card in our direction booklet and I did alter it a bit from the directions.
Instead of looping the Natural Thread through an under the doilies I wrapped it around the print piece and tied it on the far right.


I also added more pearls, 1 for each doily and die cut rather than just 1 on the silver die cut.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Decorative Doily (not available at this time)
Card stock: Butter Cream, Rock Candy, River Stone, Brush Silver, and Summer Romance Printed paper (ON SALE!)
Ink: Rock Candy & Whip Cream
Dies & Punches: Border Basics, Fancy Label, Decorative Doily (not available at this time), 1 1/2" Scalloped Circle Punch & Punch Handle
Embellishments: Pearls & Natural Thread

I guess I can show you my gift boxes for my 2 room mates. I don't think they follow my blog but then, I'm not saying what is in these!


I started with the Journey Advent Boxes.  I've had them a while as I purchased a bunch when we had a sale on them.


I made my own twistie ties from our Licorice Sparkle Tape.  I laid a length of the tape (about 5") on my work pad sticky side up.  I cut a 4" piece of 24 gauge wire and laid that down the middle leaving 1/2" on each end.  Then I adhered another 5" piece of the Sparkle Tape on top.  I cut banner ends on the tape.  Worked good but didn't hold very well.  Darn, good try.


As to the decorative front, I used a current Bloom Benefit from the Spring Into Summer mini catalog, the What a Melon ATC.  Unfortunately the die is still on backorder so I hand cut this after coloring with my Color Burst Pencils.  I used my Sparkle Silk to add the shimmer.  That stuff is SO COOL!!! I now have 3 bottles and am using it on so much! It is a dollar more than our other Silks but so worth it!  It has taken the place of the Clear Wink of Stella that I "used" to use!  Ok, now for the rest of the items I used:
Card stocks: Black Licorice, Whip Cream, and Backyard Party Prints 6x6 paper pad
Other: Licorice Sparkle Tape and Black Licorice Thread

I will be sharing some things at Convention but I do have Wednesday and Friday posts prescheduled. Remember, if you want to leave a comment I do moderate them and I probably will not be consistent at checking.

Also, I do have my personal special going on of a FREE ATC from my stash for the first 10 people ordering through my website.  Just click on any of the product links and you'll be there!

StampinCarol


1 comment:

StampedbyChris said...

These are so stinking cute! Great idea for the ribbon twist ties. Please take photos at convention of the goodies! Wish I was going.
Hugs