Monday, January 9, 2017

Winter Trees

Last week I made a card for a fellow coach's weekly challenge of "snow".  I was going to use our modeling paste but since I haven't used it in ages it was rock hard, as was my gesso and gel medium.  Bummer, that stuff is expensive!  So I had to go with plan B.


I find myself using dies way more than stamps and this card is no exception.  Only the squirrel is stamped.
I used these dies: Winter Hills (still available through March 2017), Snapshot Frames (for the Love), and  Circle dies (used the negative to make the moon).  The squirrel (from the Share Life ATS) was stamped in Oatmeal Cookie ink and carefully cut out.


I used the following card stocks: Whip Cream, Denim Days, and Fresh Forest.  I added the "snow" made of Sparkle Cuts and Sparkle Dust on our great Craft Glue.  The moon was made using our White PanPastel and a bit of Silver Silk for the stars.

This will make a great Christmas card.  Guess I will be saving it for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful card, Carol. I like the squirrel, it adds character.
Gail S.