Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Chicken Soup

I belong to a faith-based Health Share organization called Samaritan Ministries and each month I send a card and a check for a determined amount to someone in the group to help with their medical needs.  This month I made a card using a stamp set that I haven't used before, Get Well.


I love the cute chickie sitting in a cup of soup!  Guess it would have to be "chicken noodle"....
Oh that's bad.  Anyway, I used retired paper as I have oodles and hate to waste it but any of our cool printed papers would work wonderfully.  I did make sure I coordinated the solid card stocks with the printed to keep it all flowing. I stamped the chickie on Whip Cream card stock with Black Licorice ink then die cut with our Circle dies & piercing elements.


I colored the image with our Color Burst pencils and blended.  But the color around the text banner was done with a Copic marker that matched.  And a few Blue Skies sequins gave that touch of bling.

Today I am on my way to Las Vegas, NV for FSJ's first Leadership conference.  All coaches who promoted from their initial joining (Leader, Senior Leader, Executive Leader, and up - I'm an Exec. Leader) qualified to go.  I'm signed up for 5 work classes and all the fun stuff!  I'm even signed to ride in the High Roller Ferris Wheel!  I'm excited but also apprehensive as I have a bit of an issue with heights! But what an experience that will be!

No comments: