Monday, December 19, 2016

December Bloom Box Cards, Part 2

You seen the 2 cards on my previous post, today are the other 2 from our December Bloom Box.  I love getting this each month as I get a great stamp set (and right now I do know what the January cards are since they are shown in the back of our upcoming Bloom This Way mini catalog for January - March 2017), 4 precut and prepared card kits, and a great full color booklet of directions.  You supply the ink, coloring medium, and adhesives (such as Glaze, pop dots, etc.).  Hmmm.... I just gave a infomercial.  But then, that's my job!  LOL!  Anyway....


Again I switched out the words to make Christmas cards.  My Merry Christmas is retired.


This card has cute embellies.  I love our Journey Thread Gold but it does have a tendency to unravel so one has to be careful. I love the use of the Blue Lagoon die cut, just makes the card pop!
A note about the Dark Roast Silk... it is very thick and a bit harder to splatter than all our other colors.  When dry it has a bit of a raised surface.  I do love its look.

Card stocks: Oatmeal Cookie, Blue Lagoon, Cranberry Bliss, and Whip Cream
Inks: Dark Roast and Cranberry Bliss
Coloring: Color Burst Pencils
Die: Border Basics
Silks: Gold and Dark Roast
Embellies: Rainbow Drops, Amazing Accents, and Journey Thread Gold


I think this card may be my favorite of the 4.  Interesting as it was the easiest to make but to me it was the most elegant.  The vellum really helped.


We also sponged the edges of the Oatmeal Cookie strip which seems to make it pop a bit more.

Card stocks: Lemon Grass, Whip Cream, Oatmeal Cookie, and Designer Vellum Prints
Ink: Dark Roast, Oatmeal Cookie, Lemon Grass, and Cranberry Bliss
Silk: Gold
Embellies: Journey Thread Gold and Wooden Accents

I do have enough Christmas cards as I went to the store where I sell my cards and picked up the 3 packs of cards (a dozen per pack) since they didn't sell.  The store owner was concerned as business is very slow and she (a massage therapist) had 2 cancellations from ill customers while I was there.  I did get my January class scheduled but have no samples made as of yet.

No comments: