Friday, June 3, 2016

2 Father's Day Cards

Since I'll be heading to the Fun Stampers Journey 2nd annual convention next Wednesday I hustled to get my Father's Day cards completed to mail immediately upon return.  I played with a couple ATS stamps that have been retired yet I have not used until now.  And GOOD news, the 40% off retirement sale has been continued to the end of this month!!! 


I sorta know who gets what card but I'm not going to reveal that just in case they happen to read my blog.  Doubtful but being cautious.  I used Denim Days and Pool Play card stocks along with some glossy that I had.  I stamped the Pool Play layer with the fish image from the Out Fishing set using Pool Play ink and splattered with Cool Pool Silk.  I die cut the glossy piece using the Journey Circles die set (and piercing elements) after I stamped the Gone Fishing image (no longer available) with Denim Days ink and also splattered it with the same Silk.  I wrapped some Beach Breeze Thread around the Pool Play layer before using Foam Squares and layering the circle.  The text is from the Annual Celebration set and also stamped in Denim Days ink.


I just got the Annual Celebration set in my last order.  I realized I didn't have the stamps I needed when I made my Mother's Day cards, and now I do!


I do have a tendency to cut stamps apart to use in different ways.  This card using one of them, the golf bag.  It had the club and ball as part of the stamp from the My Champ set.   I stamped the Oatmeal Cookie base layer with the golf club in Oatmeal Cookie ink and sponged the edges.  I then wrapped  Lemon Grass Thread  around this layer and through a Star Frame Element (a freebie you can choose if ordering over $50).  I die cut a piece of Lemon Grass card stock with the Journey Ovals and piercing elements then stamped the text with Lemon Grass ink.  I stamped the golf bag using Limeade Splash ink on Whip Cream, cut out, and foam dotted in place.


I have quite a few packages of the Star Frames as they are SO versatile! 

How are you doing on your Father's Day cards?  I have a couple more to share later.

No comments: