Friday, March 11, 2016

Sunburst Birthday Cake

I can finally show you this card since the swap for it is done.  I'm in Pomona, CA for the FSJ "Be Amazing" tour.  Our requirements was to use at least 3 layers and 1 embellishment.  Oh, I definitely made those requirements!


I love this technique and found a way to save adhesive while making it.  I used Lemon Drop for the base of the sunburst and applied my sticky tape to all 4 sides and twice through the center. The strips are from the Yummy Prints paper pack, as is the cupcake print, which is so cheerful!  I love the new Border Basics die set and I think it really pops though the center of the card front.  I die cut the ovals with the piercing elements to pop up the cake.


The cake was stamped on Whip Cream and die cut with its coordinating Party Cake die (I have the Bundle).  After coloring with Copic markers I added some Journey Glaze to the frosting (I did 8 with blue frosting and pink plate and 7 with pink frosting and blue plate) I sprinkled Sparkle Cuts to make it, well, yeah, sparkle!   Stamped the phase, layered as shown and a few sequins... Yep, it's done!  My Journey Platinum got quite a work out with all this die cutting! I will probably have to replace the cutting plates in a few month as my Journey Grand is now sitting on the shelf.  The fun card front is mounted on a Whip Cream folded card base.

Paper:
Lemon Drop
Beach Breeze
Whip Cream
*Lemon Grass
Yummy Prints

Stamps & Dies:
Yummy Party Bundle
Little Big Greetings stamp set
Border Basics die set
*Journey Ovals die set

Embellishments, Ink, & Tools:
Journey Glaze
Journey Sequins Special Celebrations
Journey Sparkle Cuts
Black Licorice ink
Journey Platinum
Foam Squares
White Liner tape

* on sale this month

I will have oodles of pics to share when I get home. Tomorrow we will be stamping and watching Richard Garay and the Journey Crew do demos and even buying lots of new stuff from the new catty (coming out in June and the new Summer Mini coming out April 1, no foolin').

1 comment:

Cara said...

Great card, so effective and I love the dash of sparkle. Have a great day, Cara x