Friday, November 20, 2015

A Couple KOTM Cards

I finally got my 4 "Kit of the Month" cards made and I'll share 2 of them now.


The Kit came with Citrus Cooler ribbon for this card but I much preferred my Black Licorice for this.  The Citrus just seemed to blend in too much with the banner under it.  This new stamp set,  Be Happy, is wonderful and I'm sure it'll be getting lots of use! The fun black/white paper is from the Black & White Paper Pack but I used this side instead of the thin diagonal lines that the directions said to use.  The card stocks are: Black Licorice, Whip Cream, Sweet Berry, and Orange Creamsicle.  I used Black Licorice and Sweet Berry inks.  I did forget to use the Silks on this card. Oh well.  I think I forgot the Journey Glaze on the heart, too, but I can still do that. I love the sequins, they add that touch of bling!




I changed an ink color on this card since I didn't have what was used on the inspiration picture and directions.  That's ok.  I'm good at changing things a bit.  The Citrus Cooler and Silver Silks are fabulous for adding a bit of surprise to the cards.  The Silks look like fingernail polish bottles with the brush and the inks are very liquidy.... is that a word?  Just a bit of flicking and you've got splatters! (But be careful, the splatters can go where you don't want them, like on clothing.)   Card stocks used are: Green Olive, Whip Cream, and Sweet Pear.  Inks are: Sweet Berry, Citrus Cooler, Sweet Pear, and Black Licorice.  Also used are Black Licorice Twine  and Special Celebration Sequins.   Turned out the directions said to use Journey Glaze on the flower.  I just don't do real good at reading the directions!

I'll show the other 2 cards next week.  They're very sparkley!  And just a reminder, the kits come with a stamp set, all the paper, and most embellishments.  You supply the inks, Silks, adhesives, glaze, and pop dots.

No comments: