Friday, September 4, 2015

Fence Posts and Cowboy Hats

I've been playing with one of my favorite sets, Wild West.  I'm a native-by-choice of Wyoming and currently displaced in Arizona (and hoping to move back in a couple years).  I've had a horse, moved cattle, rode in parades, chased wild horses, and more I'm quite "western".  And even though I no longer have any horse gear except my hat I'm still a country girl at heart.



I stamped the images (sentiment from Greet & Shout) on Whip Cream card stock with Black Licorice ink and layered on Black Licorice and River Stone card stocks.  A bit of burlap for that country look.  I smudged some River Stone ink and added some gold Rub On from my stash.  Added 4 gold eyelets with my Crop-a-dile and a simple card is born.


Here you can see the gold Rub On better.  This would be a great masculine birthday or special occasion card.  

1 comment:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awesome card! You really are from the wild west! I really noticed the burlap (so cool) and the big eyelets on the card. I just got rid of all (most?) of my big eyelets and a friend was saying, "Now watch, they'll come back in style." hee hee