Monday, September 21, 2015

6 More Challenge Cards

My last post I showed you 3 cards (plus mine) I made from the 3" x 3" focal pieces that 12 of us swapped out.  Are you ready for more?  I'll be showing you 6 today.


I struggled with the pink bunny piece.  I ended up stamping the Script background on the Bubble Gum layer then adding some Journey Whip Cream Thread and some Pink World Sequins.  I don't know who made the focal point, she forgot to sign it. The bunny is from the Spring Fling set which has coordinating dies and you can get is as a Bundle.
The little girl is from the Birthday Girls set.  I embossed the Lemon Drop back layer with the Petal Wall folder then flicked some Cranberry Bliss Silk on it. The focal piece was made by a Denise.
The cute seagull is from a retired set, Nautical View.  I used the Ink Splat stamp and Cool Pool ink and Silk along with the Journey Rectangles piercing element, which is embossed rather than cut.  Again there was no name on the focal piece.



The purse in the first focal piece is from the August KOTM set called Forever Friends.  Marlo Knox colored and Glazed the handle.  I stamped the back strip and flicked some Bubble Gum Silk on it.  This card was a bit more of a challenge.   The Bicycle card was fun.  The focal piece was made by Shara-Lea Ming.  The bike is from the Beautiful Ride set.  The bees and text are from the Hello Lovely set.  I embossed the white base with the Above the Clouds embossing folder and die cut a couple clouds from the Cloud Dreams die set the sponged with a little Cool Pool ink.
The last card was a piece of cake for me.  The focal piece was made by Yvette Ramirez and she used the Hello Scoop set and Yummy Prints paper.  I used the same paper, Whip Cream Thread and Pink World sequins.  Oh, and Bubble Gum Silk, too!  She did Glaze the ice cream on the cone.

Wednesday I'll show the final 2 cards which are my favorites that I completed.  Are you enjoying these?

2 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

These are so fun. I need to suggest this idea as a swap in my group.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah well done carol you are on roll great selection!
Thanks so much for popping over.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}