Monday, August 24, 2015

Backbacks and Dahlias

I am home and slowly starting to stamp again.  I had a wonderful time with the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids in Wyoming.  In fact, I visited with a friend who owns a reality company about a possible move in a couple years or so.  Yep, I am wanting to be near our kids and the babies.

But for now here's a couple cards I managed to get made after I got home.



I needed to get a card made for one of the monthly swaps I'm in and this card was for the Technique Junkies 1 - 1 swap.  The technique is called Brayered Spotlight.  I think I should have made the spotlight a bit smaller but it turned out good.  I used all FSJ products.
Stamps:  Brush Strokes (circular stamp and the link was incorrect) and Dahlia Burst
Card Stock: Pineapple Smoothie and Whip Cream
Inks: Black Licorice and Pineapple Smoothie
Other: Gold Silk & Black Licorice Twine


I like this technique and may try it again.


This card is one of the 4 cards from the August "Kit of the Month".  I didn't have all the items needed according to the directions so I changed things around.  I used the Brush Strokes stamp set and Grape Fusion ink for the circle die as I don't have the Sweet Pear Re-inker.  And I decided to used my Punch Handle and Chevron Trends cartridge and punch the chevrons from a piece of card stock in the Journey Basic Pastels paper pack.  The kit came with orange chevrons but I wanted more coordination in colors at this time.


I stamped the backpack from the new "Forever Friends" set that comes with the KOTM and stamped it on some  Sweet Pear card stock then used Journey Glaze and Journey Sparkle Dust.  Aren't the Candy Mini Dots just too cute?   The kits come with all the paper and embellishments needed, you supply the inks, Glaze,  and any basic products to finish.   You can get the KOTM delivered right to your house monthly for $24.95 plus shipping and tax!  When you order you are signing up for a 6 month commitment but you are getting an exclusive stamp set each month that is not available to the general public for 3 months after the Kit is delivered.

I hope to get more done soon but I have been busy getting caught up on laundry, grocery shopping, bill paying, and other necessary chores and errands.  Being gone almost 2 weeks and traveling 3000 miles round trip (and alone) takes a lot out a person!  But I did also get to see my niece, whom I haven't seen in 8 years, and took some time at Monument Valley in southeast Utah.  Hope to share a couple of those pics on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The problem with going on vacation is when you get back you need a vacation from all the stuff that piled up while you were gone. It sounds like you had a great time and didn't miss us or the AZ heat too much. Great cards too!