Monday, July 13, 2015

Lemonade at the Beach

I've been able to get some cards made this last week and weekend and here's one that I made using the Surf's Up set in the Adventure collection.


I'm thinking the beach ball is a bit too big for where I put it.  What do you think?  I also used one of the piercing elements from the Journey Circles dies on the Whip Cream top layer.


After coloring with Copic markers to try and match the Beach Ball & Pineapple Smoothie card stocks I added some Journey Glaze to the Lemonade and ball. Other than the size of the ball I do like this layout.  And with the heat we've been having I think I'll go get some lemonade! I'll take it with me to Curves and work.  Gotta stay hydrated!

4 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like it! I don't think the ball is too big. Having it be in matching color is what makes it okay. It is a very summery card. I just had my high school reunion outside on a patio. in Tucson. in July. no misters. Yeah, what were those people thinking?? I'm thinking maybe we didn't really earn those diplomas. LOL! Great card though, lemonade sounds real good right about now.

~ Connie said...

I love it! I don't think the beach ball is too big; and the piercing really sets off the rest of the card layout. GREAT CARD!

Glittered Paws said...

I really like this card - and I think the ball is perfect where you have it placed. Great summer card.

Anonymous said...

I like the card, it looks like you could reach out and grab the lemonade and then pick up the ball. Good job!
Gail