Monday, July 27, 2015

Birthday Present and Gray Skies

Last week I popped over to SplitCoastStampers and caught a challenge to make a Flap Fold card.  I've done these before but this one was turned differently.


I used Denim Days, Raspberry Berry, and Whip Cream card stocks and Journey Basic Brights pattern  card stocks.  The border punch I used is my own Treading Waters by Fiskars.  I also used my Spellbinder scallop circle dies along with the Journey Circle dies.



I colored the present from the Yummy Party set (Yummy & Delicious collection) with coordinating Copic markets then used my Stardust Clear gel pen to add the glitter.  The greeting is from the same set and all stamping was done using the Black Licorice ink pad.


Here's the open view.  I stamped a cute saying from the Yummy Wishes (also in the Y & D collection) for a great finish!


This card was inspired by the little piece of pattern paper from my scrap basket.  It works great with this great set called Hello Sunshine (available August, I think) set from the April Kit of the Month.  I used quite a few different FSJ card stocks for layering.


I also used the Above the Clouds embossing folder, the Cloud Dreams die set, Cool Pool Silk ink and some Stickles to complete the card.

Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is awesome! I copied down the directions to make this type of card just last week. I haven't tried it yet but it looks fairly simple. Yours came out great. I love how you did the greeting, highlighting different words with scraps of paper.