Friday, February 20, 2015

Fun Stampers Journey Sketch Challenge 1

Now that I'm an independent "coach" for Fun Stampers Journey (learn more by clicking on the logo in the sidebar) I need to take part in the challenges.  My upline came up with the following sketch for her downline to do.  You can see other links to this challenge on the Creative Blooms blog.


I did make a card the other day (and it will post Monday) that is very similar but I made the banner incorrectly.  Here's a "corrected" card. 


I also used an old (August 2007 newsletter) Technique Junkies technique as I need to send this to my monthly 1 - 1 swap partner.  The technique is called "Stippled Frames."  I used FSJ's Oatmeal and Hazelnut card stocks and Oatmeal ink.


I had to dig for my stipple brush but I do like how this turned out.  The seagull and text are from the FSJ stamp set called "Nautical View" and I used the Journey Ovals to make the stipple area.  The brown ovals have the Journey Glaze and glitter on them.  They are NOT from the ovals die set as there wasn't the sizes I wanted to use. Bummer.  I used another set of tools to get the sizes I liked. They're still a bit larger than I wanted but my options were limited.  Don't forget to pop over to Creative Blooms!




3 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Carol! I love this stippling technique. It lends so well to the beachy theme of your card as it reminds me of sand. I can't remember the last time I used a stipple brush- Come to think of it, I don't even know where it is! Those ovals kind-of remind me of some really dark amber cabochons. Really nice! Thanks for playing in the sketch challenge this month!!!

Eliza said...

Please delete former post. Carol I am with Kerry it does look really beach y and I love the effect the stippling brush has given. Oh gosh it is hard typing with Yoda right in front of my keyboard and nudging me all the time. He thinks it is his time for me now. Must go coz I am not getting anything else done.

Hugs Eliza

Oh maybe he is sending you a message that he likes you... Hugs

Christine Pennington said...

Super cute. Like Kerry, I have not stippled in years... thanks for joining us at CB.