Friday, January 30, 2015

Reach for the Stars

I have enjoyed making the Kit of the Month cards through FSJ and here are the 2 I haven't shown. I'm glad I got them completed before we left as now I don't have to rush to get something made for today!!


I really like this card, it's very patriotic!  The directions had the blue stars done in black but that just didn't seem right.  I used Journey Glaze (Crystal Lacquer, Diamond Glaze, whatever) on 2 of the blue stars.  I think I should have layered the center text panel on some black card stock so it would show up better.


You can see the shine of the Glaze here, too.  Actually my full size pic did pretty good capturing the shine....


Since I didn't have the background FSJ used I just stamped the smallest star to make the background.  I did layer the text piece on some orange and it shows up so much better.


Twine and sequins sure add to the card!  I touched the twine to some Zig glue to keep it down.  Helped a lot!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the KOTM projects.  You can order this for about $24.95 plus tax and shipping.  This particular kit may be gone by now but Feb. is right around the corner!!  Oh wait,  it's just next week!  I better work on some more Valentine cards and I THINK that is was the February kit may be about!  And you can order from FSJ just by clicking on the LOGO at the top of the sidebar!  Your products can be shipped right to your house!!

No comments: