Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Wednesday Desk and Sympathy

Even though today is a beautiful day I spent most of yesterday making sympathy cards.  The reason I take pictures of my desk is that I take part in an international blog hop consisting of crafters from around the world who get together and give you a look at where they work. I've seen such fabulous projects and great organizational ideas on those desks.  This is all brought together by Julia at the Stamping Ground and she has been doing this for over 5 years!  (If you want more info about this fun "trip" please click on the logo in the sidebar.)  So when you get to the end of my post please click over to Julia's and check out all the other desks in this hop.


So my desk....  I did get a new OTT light as my old one wasn't working properly.  I replaced the light bulb a couple months ago but it would flicker for a while before actually working right.  (I did get this new one at 55% off at a sale.)  There's also some sympathy cards (I made 4 yesterday and need to make 2 more today) to give to my cousins at my Aunt's funeral Friday. There's new Fun Stamper Journey products on my desk as I got a big order in on Monday, my beloved ATG tape runner, and a pile of card stock. I have to prep for a class this afternoon at a local recreation center.  I have 2 "students" and one called me with so much excitement so I'm excited to teach!  But on to my cards...


All stamps and inks are by FSJ.


I really should have spaced the 2 background images a big more.


I not only put 3 itty bitty clear rhinestones behind the text but I put 3 on the image.

Ok. Now you're at the end of my post.  I do have a request before you travel on to another desk via the Stamping Ground.  I am going in for a second more invasive mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow to investigate an "abnormality".  I would appreciate your prayers that all goes well and there is no such abnormality.  I have had 2 cysts drained/biopsied 8 and 11 years ago.  Thanks so much!


(Oh, BTW, I did add a Pinterest button with others down below here if you need one.) 

16 comments:

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Lovely cards. I am sorry they have to be for a sad occasion. I have been wanting an OTT light but not sure if it is worth the money. It would be nice to get it on sale! Happy WOYWW :) Shel#56

Lucy said...

I have sympathy cards to make too. You have inspired me as I really had no clue to the route I should take. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Lucy #24 woyww x

Queenie Jeannie said...

I really like your cards! The idea of using green is an excellent thought.

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #17

Krisha said...

Beautiful cards, I do need to get some made BEFORE I need them.
Prayers being said
Thanks for the visit
Krisha #8

lisa said...

Your cards are beautiful, although for a sad occasion. They will mean a lot.
Good Luck with your tests tomorrow and thanks for popping by earlier.
Hugs Lisax #38

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm sending positive vibes and big smooshy hugs for you...hope all goes well with your test. Fingers crossed.
I do love those sympathy cards, very elegant and understated. Hope the funeral goes ok.
Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

Twiglet said...

Best wishes with your tests etc - I hope all goes well. Your cards are so beautiful and I like the little sparkels. x Jo

Anonymous said...

Holding you in prayer hat your tests turn out
negative. Good luck.
Marian

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These cards are lovely. Glad you are teaching. I want to do that one of these days, but there is really nothing around here like what you have.

My thoughts and prayers are with you for your invasive tests tomorrow. I hope they don't find anything. And of course, thanks for visiting while I slept. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my dear Gal, I hold you tight in my thoughts over the test results, indeed I do.
Your sympathy cards are quite lovely, so gentle and appropriate, so sorry to read of your Aunts passing.

Jackie said...

Wow you got a great desk on your new light.... Your light is as important as your crafting products!
Jackie 18

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your sympathy cards look so cool and elegant - perfect! Hope your tests go OK - will say a prayer(or two) Thank You for visiting Chris 53

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah, beautiful work Carol for your reverse silhouette cards - love the stamps clever work.
And yes an Ott light was horrified recently when my very old favourite light died then a friend said to let them have a look and it was just a started the old fluorescent lights have started in them! was delighted to have it back again.

Will pray for the LORD to bless your trip for more tests re abnormality... and we know the LORD will be with you each step and may He bless and guide those undertaking the work.
Sending bloggy hugs too.

Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing ~ happy belated WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x #44

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards blog}

Annie said...

Just calling in on a few I missed yesterday to say thank for calling by on me.
Your sympathy cards are beautiful...never easy to make. Good luck with the tests....sending prayers your way.
Hugs,
Annie x #26

Scrapthology said...

I'm sending you loads of positive vibes. x

Kyla said...

Lovely sympathy cards, I hope every went as well as it could.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
Kyla #23