Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Snowman and A Desk

It's Wednesday!  A beautiful day (well, it is awfully dark outside still) in the neighborhood.  This is also a day where you get the opportunity to take a look at my desk and the desks of many all over the world.  (Actually I think most are in Europe and the U.S.)  This is all put together by Julia at the Stamping Ground.  She started this over 5 years ago!  My post today is rather long because I want to show you the results of all those snowman parts that were on my desk last week. And if you want more information on the fantastical blog hop please click on the WOYWW logo in the sidebar.


My desk is pretty clean because I went on a paper clean-out spree.  I went through 2 large baskets and pulled out 2 LARGE bags of scraps that I'll sell as grab bags at a class next week.  I'm not teaching at the local scrapbook store anymore but I still teach a couple classes at the local recreation organization.  I started this cleaning because I couldn't find a card I just made... and it's still missing.


The bags are pretty full and rather heavy.  I just need to declutter my desk.  I still have the 2 baskets on my desk but one is pattern paper and the other solids.  I also pulled oodles of stamp sets of which many are listed on my sale page.  (Sorry but only sales in the U.S. at this time.)


Here's the cute little guy I was working on last week.  He stands over 1' tall.  The hat is removable to put a battery tea light or small gift inside.  He is from SVGcuts.  I was signed up for this class but ended up with a conflict and got a kit instead.  He took about 3 hours to assemble. (Thank goodness for the site's video!)


I combined buttons that matched the hat band with some gems to put on his front.


I stamped a couple holly pieces to add to the hat band.  It's hard to see that I used some Clear Wink of Stella on the leaf veins and berries.


I found this little black bow in my stash and added it to the red "scarf".  So much prettier than just the red!


And the face.  I used big gems for the eyes and little ones for the mouth.  You can see the scarf tie here without the little black bow.  Just too plain!

Now that you finally got to the end of my post please leave a comment if you are willing then pop over to the Stamping Ground and take the grand tour of desks!  I so enjoy seeing what others do and make!  I get lots of inspiration and some organizational ideas!  Grab your coffee or tea and have fun!
(And please forgive me for the length of this post but I really wanted to show you this cutie.)

10 comments:

Angie said...

Doesn't it feel wonderful to get rid of all the scraps! I used to have the worst habit of saving each little one. Not anymore, I'm ruthless now!!! Love the snowman he is just a doll!
Angie #48

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

How cute! Nice little snowman made out of paper! 1 foot tall! Bigger than I thought! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #27

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Yay! I did want to see the snowman after your last post. ADORABLE! Happy desk hopping from some other place in AZ :) Shel C/PaperOcotilloStudio

J said...

I love your cute snowman, you have such patience taking three hours to put together.
I need to take a leaf out of your book and get rid of some scraps, trouble is I always think I might just need them!!
Jan S 57

Christine said...

thanks for your visit earlier - sketches are only one of the challenges we have on our Group.
Brilliant idea for all those bits of paper - might do this myself if you don't mind me pinching the idea!!!
have a good week.
Bishopsmate #37

Stacy Sheldon said...

I am grinning from ear to ear because, I started a huge paper purge last weekend also and I had already forgotten about it. :) must be a new years nesting thing, I am seeing so many I am re-organizing posts :)

hope you find the card soon & thanks for the earlier visit,
~Stacy #67

Tertia said...

That little snowman is so cute! Seems very finicky though.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #22

Queenie Jeannie said...

Super cute snowman!! :D I need to go through my paper too. I don't really keep scraps but I just have too much paper!!! (Well, I have too much of everything but what can I say??)

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #33

Eliza said...

I think your snowman is really cute, good girl for cleaning and culling your stash, I need to be more ruthless myself.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda #78

Lisca said...

Your snow man is really cute. Well done! (I don't think I'd have the patience to work three hours on it though)
A good old paper sort out! Those grab bags will be most welcome.
On one of your previous posts you mentioned the baby bottle teats as glue toppers. Well, I watched the video and thought it was a mighty good idea as American glues are so expensive here in Europe. But the teats were more expensive than the glue! So I got a nasty surprise at the check-out. Now I've got them, I will use them as I still think it's a good idea. So thanks for the idea.
Have a great week,
Lisca#25