Monday, December 15, 2014

Deer in the Moonlight

You've heard of "deer in the headlights" whether literally or an  expression of a vacant look.  My card today is a "Deer in the Moonlight".  I seen something over on Pinterest that inspired me but the only real similarities are the moon, a deer, and snow.  Guess that's more similar than I thought but her card was all stamped and mine mostly punches, die cuts, and torn paper.


I purchased a cool set of dies that consist of 3 deer made by Impression Obsession Rubber Stamps.  The moon is a 2" circle and I tore paper to make the snow.  A bit of Icicle Stickles on the snow and for stars and a card is made!


The 2 deer are die cut from the same scrap of paper, it's just the angle of the photo that makes this little guy appear so much darker!  But the photo was to show the snow, not the doe.....   Oh, bad pun!


The blue sky paper does have a bit of shimmer to it but I added some dots of Stickles to make stars.  Hmmm..... since I still need Christmas cards I'll stamp something appropriate inside the card. 

Are you ready to celebrate the day set aside to honor the birth of our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ?  We'll be joining some friends over in Sierra Vista, AZ since they're so far from home (they're snowbirds from MN).  Just need to find a place serving dinner as they live in a small RV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love this card, it looks beautiful! Good job on making the snow look real.
Gail S.