Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I'm Flipping on My Desk

Yep, I've been making Flip-It cards on my desk.  Catchy title, ya think?  Today is Wednesday again.  A great day as we're supposed to get some rain but to cloudy to see the Blood Moon.  Oh well.  If you are curious as to why I'm showing you my desk please click on the WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday) logo in the sidebar and it's supposed to open a new window to the Stamping Ground blog's explanation.  I love seeing other crafters desks and I get the opportunity to show you mine!


I just finished a card similar to the one I'm showing you today.  These 2 cards are 2 of 4 card samples for a proposed class in November at the AZ Scrapbooking store in Green Valley, AZ.  You can see some of the paper I'm using on the far left and the plastic envy holding the Sizzix Square Flip-Its dies.  Then clear rhinestones in the little box just to the left of my scrap paper covered Scor-Pal.  There are scissors, my ATG adhesive gun, foam mounting tape and all kinds of stuff.  I just recently replaced the bulb in my OTT light and it's being a bit obstinate in lighting when turned on but it gets there.  I am showing you my desk chair covered with my die-holding case covered with a pencil box of kits and stamps for my "Down at the Pumpkin Patch" class kits.  Usually everything is on my desk but it overflowed this time.


This is the 2nd card I made using this die set.  If you want to see my snowflake one you'll have to go back one post.  I was excited to get my hands on this die as I ordered a similar one earlier this year but kept getting a back order notice.  I found this one at Michaels craft store last Friday and did have my 40% off coupon so got it for about $20.00.


Here is the card "flipped".  When closed like the first picture it is 4 1/4" wide by 5 1/2" high, standard A2 size.  When open it's 5 3/4" wide.  Since this will be the first card of the 4 in the class I start with real easy.


And yes, there is bling.  I added some Stardust Clear Gel pen to the small tree on the front.  Pretty cool! I'm using paper from Bella Blvd. from their Christmas Cheer collection.

So now pop over to the Stamping Ground and check out the other desks.  I'll be staying home today so I hope to visit many.  Be prepared to spend some time!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is a real crafter's desk!! Your flip card is perfect--I'd love to try that. Have a great day! Sandy Leigh #54

Neet said...

Great Flippin' Carol. Love the combination of the red and the lime green you used.
Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier.
Neet 29 xx

Ali H said...

Great fun cards - love the swivel one ! Ali#13

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely busy work room, and those Crimbo cards are great. Have a good week, Chris # 23

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

These are such fun cards and I love this one, gorgeous christmassy colours.
Thanks for stopping by at mine and happy crafting, Angela x 39

VonnyK said...

They are really great cards, such fab colours and I love the flip bit. Very clever.
Have a great week,
Von #19

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Carol
sorry I am late getting around for WOYWW. Yesterday was just one of "those" days and today not that much better!. Anyway thanks for dropping by my Blog and leaving a comment. Oh I love flip flop cards...such a funa and effective card. Your Christmas ones are gorgeous. I love the busy desk you have
hugs
Annette In Oz #30

Lisca said...

Oh, what a catchy title! Yes that flip card is beautiful! I love it!
Sorry I'm a day late but I just didn't get round to commenting.
Have a good week!
Lisca#35

Eliza said...

I am so sorry I am returning your visit so late in the week, there has been so much going on here and you don't need me telling you all of it. I love your flippin card especially love the green, lime green one of my favorite colours.

Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan
Belated WOYWW

Shoshi said...

Great flip cards, Carol. I love flip cards and have made one or two - not done one for ages though.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #32