Friday, October 24, 2014

A White Pine Sympathy Card

A friend of ours passed away this week and I made a card in memory of Keith.  He was 91 years old and died of lung cancer.  He was such a sweet man, full of humor and love of the Lord.


He was from the Denver, CO area and he went back there to be with family just before he passed.  This card was sponged showcasing snow on the ground and a sunset (or sunrise).  I used the negative of a Spellbinder die to keep my colors inside.  I then stamped the tree in VersaMark ink then embossed with white embossing powder.  I originally had the text directly on the card but I smudged badly so it is layered.


I got out my white gel pen (by Ranger) and added tiny stars in the darker purple sky.   Stamps are by CTMH.

Today I'm at a 3 day retreat for the AZ Scrapbooking store of Green Valley, AZ.  We're at the Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico, AZ   It's an older resort and has been modernized.  This is our 4th (I think) retreat and we hold 2 each year, March and Oct.  I will be posing pics next week of some of our fun and if you're on FB we do have a page there that I'll be adding to on a regular basis this weekend.

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

This is beautiful and love the sentiment. Great job.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card. The only suggestion I have is to use another color for the sentiment. Silver maybe?
Gail S>