Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hearts for a Wedding

We have a wedding to attend in 2 weeks and, of course, I'm going to make the card we'll give.  I headed over to Pinterest and seen a lot of cards using hearts to represent the bride and groom and, since I have a set of heart dies from Sizzix (Heart Triplits) that consists of 7 dies (hearts, key, heart keyhole) I decided to make one.  I like how it turned out!


I cut 2 white and 1 black hearts to make the bride and groom.  I embossed the bride using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and added the 3 heart pearls.  I cut the black heart into thirds and used the outside pieces to make a tux.  I hand cut the little bow tie (should have been a bit bigger) and added 3 black rhinestones.




I layered the narrow white ribbon on the black to keep the black and white theme going.  The sentiment is from a Fiskars stamp set.  I'm still playing with the dies so I will have a selection of cards to choose from.
Have you tried a card like this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you smart cardcrafter, Carol! This is a repeat card if ever! What fun to make those heart diecutting machine sizzle with sentiments in the air! Have a golf club or horse designer image to stick in the shoulder of a heart or two?!! giving the masculine splash only a Stampin Hot in AZ card can display? Have a crafting good time. Fun to see those hearts in action.
Keep Looking UP!

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea. I'll have to try this. Thanks again for sharing your ideas.
Gail S.