Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Today the United States of America celebrates her birthday!  This nation is 238 years old!  On this date in 1776 we declared independence from Great Britain and signed our Declaration of Independence.  This card is in honor of our birthday.


I used paper from Pebbles.  "Lady Liberty" and "God Bless America" are from the stamp set Liberty by Red Rubber Designs.


I added the gold buttons for a bit of embellishment.  This card uses the design layout from Operation Write Home and is from their Sketch #231.  It also qualifies for the Saturday Challenge #77 from the Pumpkin Spice Blog.  Pumpkin Spice is new to me and I seen it on Creative Stamping with Paula-Kay's blog.  I follow her (and she is a friend from the closed The Angel Company) and love her wonderful projects.  Please go to the challenges on the blogs and check out the fabulous cards!!

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - I looked for this stamp in my "collection" and couldn't find it so guess I have hidden it well. May just have to order another one- I really like it.

Anonymous said...

Fourth Of July celebrates like no other government holiday. Praying for our country and government is a daily opportunity remembering officials and all the varied freedoms we dearly enjoy having protected.
Well done.
Keep Looking UP!