Friday, June 20, 2014

Memorial Guest Book for Mom

Tomorrow is the memorial to celebrate the life of my mom.  Hard to believe she's been gone just over a week.  Since my brother is here I don't think it's really hit me yet as we've been so busy.  I purchased a visitor's book at O.M. (office supply store) and took it back.  I didn't like the inside so.....  I made one.


I used some K & Co. paper to decorate the chipboard (from a cracker box) covers and added the photo of my mom that we used on the Memorial program.  I had the same font from the program, too, so used it to add mom's name.


I know this isn't clear but I made the inner pages on Open Office then trimmed to fit.  I used my Zutter Bind-It-All to put it all together.  There's about 12 card stock pages.  I decided to do the address section in case we needed addresses to send Thank You cards for those who send flowers.  I did save the page file just in case I get asked to make more of these possibly for others in the church as I really like this book much better than any that can be purchased.

1 comment:

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful book Carol - I am so sorry to hear of your loss - sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.