Friday, November 8, 2013

Pink Snowflakes

Again, I'm working on some class samples.  I recently have been liking the color combo of brown and pink and just purchased the Impression Obsession snowflake dies.  They are very delicate when cut and I have not figured out a way to raise them on pop dots or glue them so have been running them through my Sticker Maker to make sure they are adhered completely.   I've got 2 cards completed and need to make 2 more by Monday when we have our store/instructor meeting to set up our classes for December.


The text is white embossed using a set from Lawn Fawn.  I prefer the saying Merry Christmas but I don't have any stamps from the store that say that.  I must use store product for my classes.


Here you can see the delicate cut of the smallest snowflake in the 3 in the set.  I added some clear rhinestones to add some bling to the card. This is a simple design yet I like how the snowflakes seem to add an elegance to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Carol! Pink and choco are a fun combination, just enough off the edge of the box to be curiously revisited visually and complimentary to surroundings to be placed in a good viewing spot for appreciation.
Yes, those snowflakes are delicate. You have a smart move with the sticker maker. This card can be mailed overseas and not have the reflective bling problem so often referred to in blogs dealing with troops / soldier cards. Dash it up for homeland mailing and the extra handling fee needed to get rhinestones through the mail sorting machines.
Good upcoming class! Snow has fallen here twice but melted to reach tree and bushes' roots before total hard frost sets in. Real celebration card for most communicators.
Keep Looking UP!

Angie said...

Lovely colors and snowflakes!