Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Desk, Candles, and Flop

If you are coming here from the Stamping Ground on 11/6/2013 please click HERE for the correct post.

It's another beautiful Wednesday.  We have some clouds and a bit cooler weather but the sun is coming up.  I just got a picture of my desk for Workdesk Wednesday that is "sponsored" (so to speak) by Julia at the Stamping Ground.  She has done an amazing job bringing together many crafters from around the world on Wednesday of every week.


My desk is rather busy as I just finished adding the bow to this card.  I've been playing with a new die by Impression Obsession that is a pine bough.  I finally got a good cut on the 3rd try as the die needed a shim of card stock.


This is the card on my desk.  It's pretty simplistic and uses some scraps to help me with my concept.  Next try I will give the candles more form.


I have the Bow Easy tool that is fantastic!  It really helps make bows where the "tails" are on the same side of the bow and they're so neat!  This bow is made from 1" sheer.  I think it's the best feature on this card.

Then I had a flop.  This card was made 2 days ago and it has a couple "flaws" that even my husband figured out.


Can you figure out the problems?  One is the white card stock.  I didn't notice until I started assembling this that I have 2 different shades!  Oh my!  The other.... my green ink is too pale which causes the white embossing to not show up, but the white card stock may also be a part of that problem.  I'll probably try this style again after I either get some ink for the pad or a new pad.

So now, please leave a comment if you are so inclined about my desk or cards then hop on over to the Stamping Ground and have a look at all the wonderful posts.  Be sure you have a cup of coffee, tea, juice, or whatever and take your time!

6 comments:

Lindart said...

I love the candle card with the evergreen bough! So delicate contrasted with the solidness of the candles! I'll have to look for this one! Thanks for sharing,
Lindart #80

Super Stamp Girl said...

Your bows are so beautiful! I just learned about the Bow Easy from a friend, because I stink at bow making. So, then I ordered it from Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for sharing! Hugs xo Super Stamp Girl #69

Robin said...

Love the Evergreen bough! Just love it! I thought I was the only one with flops!

Have a good week, robin #74

Unknown said...

Lovely cards and that bow is perfect! Thanks for sharing.
Karen no.51 x

Donna Wheat said...

love the die, its so finely detailed, thanks for sharing Donna #32

The Taming of the Glue said...

You'd never think there were so many shades of white! Love the candle cards. Hugs. Pam#37