Monday, August 5, 2013

A Gecko Sympathy

That's kind of a goofy title but it fits the card I made.  We had oodles of geckos around here.  They're constantly running around with their bellies high off the ground and their tails sticking up in the air.  What a hoot to see!  And I seen a card in Pinterest that inspired this that was on SplitCoastStampers by a poster by the name of Biggan.


I used scrap colored card stock that coordinated fairly good.  Also used my new Fiskars border punch called Bubbles. Oh, the scalloped squares are by a punch, too, as is the geckos.


I raised up the white gecko punched piece for a bit of dimension.  The text stamp is from a set called With Sympathy by Red Rubber Designs.  This card uses a No. 10 envelope.  I'll probably sell this card at the AZ Scrapbook store in Green Valley, AZ as they need more sympathy cards.  This area is a large retirement location with many 55+ subdivisions. Many retirees are "up north" for the summer right now.  And I'm in northwest Wyoming with our son and his girlfriend and hoping to get out to our granddaughter's to play with our great grand son!!  I'll be checking in to moderate comments as I have the laptop with me.

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I never like geckos until i see what you have done with them and this is very nice. I don't think I have ever seen one except on television. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Nice card, I like the geckos and your use of scraps.