Monday, July 22, 2013

Layered for Christmas

I have purchased some cool dies by Spellbinders but they are very intricate and I have a heck of a time getting the little bits and pieces of cut papers out of the dies.  I recently purchased some craft foam by Cheery Lynn Designs and, after watching a video on their web site, I think I fixed the problem.


Here you see the foam in the areas where the paper will be cut out.


Here is the die cut with the die.  I did have to use a bit of thin chip board in my Big Shot's "sandwich" but the pieces cut nicely from the card stock and I had NO little pieces stuck in the die!  How wonderful!!


And here's my card.  I think I have a gal wanting a card kit but with different papers.  A good sign since my Christmas in July class got canceled. This is made with left over paper from making 3 class kits, 2 were requested and 1 for some extra $$.


My hubby was quite impressed with all the layers and this card was a lot faster with that release foam in the dies!  The stamp is a The Angel Company one.  So, what do you think??

I will be busting my buns getting stuff done for the next 2 weeks as I'm going to Wyoming to see kids, grand kids, and a great grand son!  So, if I go "missing" for a few days without a project, please don't worry!  I'LL BE BACK!  LOL!

1 comment:

Shelly N. said...

off to check out Cheery Lynn's video, thanks for the idea