Monday, July 1, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader, Hello Fabulous Day

I hope you are weathering the demise of Google Reader! I managed to get all my blogs imported into Bloglovin (see yesterday's post for info).  I enjoyed reading my blogs from my blog dashboard and do miss that horribly.  If you would like to follow my blog with Bloglovin just click the button in the sidebar and join.  Or maybe you have Feedly...  I actually have both but am using Bloglovin a bit more at this point. I now get a daily email with pictures of the past days posts of the blogs I follow.  Not bad...  Rest in peace, Google Reader.  I miss you already in that I didn't have to open another link.

So now that you're here I've got a card to show you.  I'm working on my August class now as I'm taking 2 weeks off in August to go to Wyoming to see kids, grandkids, and great grandson!! I'll be getting a newer CD/radio (only have a cassette/radio at this point) installed in my car and other things worked on while I'm there, too.  I'll see about getting a bunch of projects done ahead of time and posting pictures for your reading.

My end of August class will be featuring some stamp sets by Katy Sue Designs.  I purchased the sets Daisy and Fabulous Sentiments.  Here's my first of 4 cards (and the only one done at this point).


I found some Daisy paper which I love and I was off and running!  I added the pink dots around the image as I dropped my Copic marker on the white area and needed to "fix" it and this was the only way I could think of doing that.  But you want to know what's funny about this?  That dropped mark is actually covered with the text!!!  I didn't have to do all those dots!!!  Ok, you can quit laughing now...   (snicker)


It is hard to see but I used the Stardust Clear Gel pen on the butterfly and grapes.  I needed to add some bling to the card. I used so many different Copic markers on this but I like how it turned out.  This is a bit "girly" for me.  I would really like to see this company come up with some sunflower-themed images. 

1 comment:

Glittered Paws said...

Love your fix!!! What a nice image too. Great job, anxious to see more.