Thursday, June 20, 2013

Father's Day and Christmas????

Ah, I missed showing you my desk yesterday.  Good reason.... I was out of town.  We were up by dawn and on the road to Phoenix, AZ to get some parts for where my hubby works.  We stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant and had a great breakfast (love their hash brown casserole) and I purchased a gift for our granddaughter whom I plan on seeing in August.  Then, with the help of Minnie (our Garmin GPS) we were at Totten Tubes (steel and iron dealer) by about 9:30 am and back in Tucson by noon.  I made a quick trip to Michaels for some rhinestones and velcro dots and on home.  I was so tired I barely stayed awake for church last night!  Anyway, I promised to show you my last Father's Day card (for my dad) and I finished 1 project for my Christmas in July class next month.


My dad is an amazing mechanic and seems he can get just about anything motorized to run properly.  He's worked on chain saws, lawn mowers, cars, trucks, and a lot more.  I had this scrap of pattern paper left over from a class and thought it was perfect.  And out came my Spellbinder label dies and a Red Rubber Designs stamp and ta da!!


Here's one of my Christmas projects.  It's a little treat box from a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock.  I used a Penny Black stamp set called Snowman Soup.  The top is closed with a velcro dot.


I get a kick out of this poem from the stamp set.


I colored the snowman with Copics and added a black rhinestone for the belly button and used Spellbinder label dies.


And the inside....  You can fit a small package of hot cocoa mix, some mini marshmallows and a peppermint or cinnamon stick in here.

Today I do have a class to teach using those cool Spellbinder dies from the class I took with Ken Oliver.  I only have 3 students but that's okay.  I have to go to work first cleaning at our church then a quick lunch.  Tonight we'll be going into Tucson to watch a baseball game so it will be a LONG day again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute box Carol, can't wait to see the other projects for your Christmas in July class, looks like fun to me!

Anonymous said...

Hey, if only fifteen hundred miles closer, this class would be aces! Now, directions for folding must be followed or chaos will ensue. The dot velcro closure is effective and receiver friendly. Good choice. Watch the ads for flavored cocoa mixes at reasonable prices and this is a fun gift to have near the door for those special quick stop folks. Does AZ get hot cocoa cool enough by Dec 25? Ha! Sundown can be jacket weather after a scorcher of a day temp. I'm so glad you save that bg piece for your dad's card. Just the ticket! Hope your Spellbinders class is way too much fun. Everyone Enjoy! Keep Looking Up!