Friday, June 14, 2013

Common Theme... Water

This Sunday is Father's Day.  I have yet to make my cards for my hubby and dad (I'll get them done later today) but I did get them in the mail for our 2 sons, grandson-in-law, and daughter's boyfriend.  Here's a couple of them.  I try to fit the them to the guy's personalities.


This card was made for our oldest.  He lives on the west coast just a few miles from the ocean. The stamp is from Fiskars and the paper from The Angel Company (I still have LOTS of TAC paper).


I have a cool gem collection in shades of blue and they were perfect for some embellishment! The pattern paper's design even is kinda like waves.


Our youngest son is in Wyoming (our home town in the northwest) and works for an irrigation district that delivers water to the farmers.  But this old windmill is the way ranchers water their cattle out on the prairie.  Many are still working in the west and I love seeing them turn and hear them squeak. The windmill stamp is by TAC but the text is by Lawn Fawn.  Paper again is from TAC.


I colored using my Copics and found my E35 totally dry!  Well, it is one of the first I purchased about 3 years ago.  Anyway, I also used some twine from The Twinery and a black rhinestone for embellishment.

Have you gotten your cards completed??  At least the 4 I had to mail went out this past Monday so the guys should have them in time.  Tomorrow I'll show the other 2 cards so please come back!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for publishing, Carol. Those guys have been blest by your talent. Found a replacement B35? Card really looks good like the windmill on the south end of Charter's place along Hiway 87. Its jake pipe has been pulled. It spins with gay abandon when these hail storms arrive. Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyahodtcom