Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

This weekend we are urged to remember those who died for our freedom.  Our nation has gone through turmoil from it's beginning to now.  We've had the Revolutionary War, the War Between the States, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Viet Nam "war", and now the wars in the middle east.  Many have died not only for us but for countries that needed help.  But I also urge you to remember you loved ones, friends, and many others who died.  I miss my grandparents much and am thankful for their guidance and love when I was young.  In memory of our military I made these 2 cards:


I seen a card on Pinterest that inspired this one.  Well, the only things similar at this point is the large heart and the 3 stripes.  I embossed my card base with a wood grain texture plate and used pattern paper pack from Pebbles called "Let Freedom Ring".  I did NO stamping so don't faint!


I found a little pack of heart shaped buttons somewhere and I love this little red one.  I did have to cut off the shank and sand down the roughness but it works well.  I colored the little hearts in the upper corners with a Copic marker to match the blue in the card.  I also used Fiskars Treading Water border punch at the bottom of the card front.


This is a classic layout and I see it frequently.  Again, no stamping.


This is a dimensional banner, 1 of 3 in a pack, also from Pebbles to coordinate with the paper.  I did add the white layer under it to make it stand out a bit more.  I purchased the paper pack and banners from Memory Works last summer. 

So as you have barbeques or spend time with family or friends, or whatever you do, please take time to say a prayer for our nation.  Thank you.