Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Bunnies and Dahlias

I love spring. It's absolutely beautiful here in southern Arizona (except for the pollen), warm, sunny, light breeze, hummingbirds visiting... what more could you ask for.  I have so many cards ready to show you and will do it in stages.  These two are for our youngest granddaughters.


I wished I had a better coordinating ink for the "blue" bunny, really need a teal, but I like how this card came out.  The bunnies are from a The Angel Co. set and the text from Lawn Fawn.  I was surprised how well the Paper Posies matched my teal layers!  The cute pattern paper is from Jillibean Soup, the Southern Chicken  Dumpling 6 x 6 paper pack.


I used my Stardust Clear Gel pen to fill in the bow ties and noses of these little guys.


I like dahlias and this one I got from Layers of Color (no longer in business) and designed by Nina Brackett.  She is an amazing designer and if you want to see more of her stamps and projects just click HERE.  The  tag and pink card stock are from a pack I got from The Angel Company (I have SO much paper from the company before it closed in 2011).  The text stamp is also from TAC.


I did multiple layers of the small dahlia and added some pink bling.  The solid pink cardstock was run through the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug embossing folder and I added some hot pink twine from The Twinery. This card is definitely girly to me and I hope our 13 year old granddaughter likes it.  I hope to get all my cards in the mail first of the week. Then Dean and I plan to take a mini vacation as he will be changing jobs April 1. He'll be the mechanic for the San Xavier Indian Reservation in Tucson, AZ so will not be going on the road any more.  Better hours, better pay... 

3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of the cards - the bunny card will surely bring a smile to the granddaughters, and the second one is very pretty. What to do with all the papers we have - don't have a clue but just can't get rid of it,.

Laurie Unger said...

Love the Easter bunnies! extremely cute card!

Anonymous said...

Now, color is grand! Smart use of paper for a simply message bound card. Great label focal point.
Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyahoo