Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Free Standing Valentine

I thought I'd take a few minutes and make a sample card for my January 23rd class at AZ Scrapbooking in Green Valley, AZ.  I decided to teach the free standing card there since I'm already teaching it at G.V.R. in the same city.  Already got the directions written up, photo tutorial made...  makes sense to me!  I am using pattern card stock by Authentique for this card with the solid card stock by Bazzill.


Here is the card closed.  Only the brown heart and text are on pop dots so the Post Office "shouldn't" charge the extra 20 cents for postage, but then, you never know.  I apologize for my thumb and finger in the pic but I had to hold the card closed for the pic. The text is by The Angel Co.


Here it is standing.  This is a more simple card as it'll be the first my class will make just to get the hang of making the box.  My next sample for this class is going to be a bit more fancy...  I hope.  I tried to use my Scor-Pal but my brain wasn't working for the measurements of the scores so I used my bone folder and a paper trimmer with a cutting groove rather than a wire.  Worked pretty good.

How do you like this?  I got the directions from a Technique Junkies CD. Can't remember which one but if you look back at a post a week ago or so with the "Free Standing" in the title you'll find out. 

No comments: