Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WOYWW 175 and another Thank You

Hey!  It's Wednesday!!  Do you know what today is???  Think....  Yep, you get to see my desk!  I'm right in the middle of a project for the grandkids! I purchased a package of these 4 paper m... (dang if I know how to spell it) pumpkin boxes at Michaels and now I'm painting.  They only have the first coat at this point.  I'll cut some acetate to line the insides of the boxes, sponge some brown ink around the edges, and fill them with goodies (in a bag for freshness).  I made cards for the kids which have already been posted.


I don't think they'll be checking my blog but they don't know what's going into these!  Each year I do a little something special.  One year I made paper bags that looked like brooms full of treats.  Another year it was little black wooden caskets.  This year, pumpkins.  And I have been working on my Thank You card class too.


I seen this layout at Page Maps a while back and thought it was pretty good.  I did find a better word Thank since I made this but I didn't want to try to peel off that square and redo. And the blue paper flowers... the blue ink that I had that matches the blue in the pattern... dry.  Bummer.  I did get another that should match better than that which I used on this card.  Funny how inks dry up when they get used a lot...  I do have a couple more cards to get made.  Will be working on that later today.  Depends on how severe the allergies are today.  I take pills but we had such a wet monsoon that the grasses and weeds are very prolific!  Lots of pollen in the air.

So, now that you're done reading my post and hopefully left a comment, check out Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, and check out all the links to other crafters' desks!  

8 comments:

YoriとYayie said...

the pumpkin boxes are adorable... are filling them up with candy?
Riya 102

tuesday afternoon said...

These look like great fun, can see Candy Corn inside those, haven't tasted that for years! Lucky grandchildren, bet they will love them.

Unknown said...

Those boxes look fun. Thanks for visiting my blog and therefore introducing me to yours. I've had a snoop around (I love the Christmas cards you made) and I'm now following you. XXX

Nicky said...

Love your pumpkins boxes and the thank you card pretty colours

Sandy said...

Hay fever has hit me bad but I have been in the garden a lot lately.. Your pumpkin boxes look really cool. and thank you card is very pretty. Thanks for the visit to my blog. Sandy :)

Angie said...

Love the treat boxes what a clever idea! Your thank you card is very pretty, don't you wish they made a glue that gave you like an hour before it became permanent!
Angie #18

Anonymous said...

Those pumpkin boxes are adoreable. I like the thank you card design. Your work is always inspiring.
Gail (:

Tamika said...

The pumpkin boxes and the card are both really cute! Happy WOYWW!soon again Tamika #14