Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pueblo Door on World Card Making Day!


Happy World Card Making Day!!!!  There are a lot of blogs celebrating today and a couple of my favorites are Operation Write Home and  Paper Crafts Magazine.   I'm not involved with any hops but I'll be looking at the ones I follow when I get home from my dental appt.

I was asked to make some southwest themed cards for the AZ Scrapbooking store in Green Valley, AZ.  I made this one between finishing another 15 cards to sell, 4 Halloween card kits, and prepping to make some sample cards for another class.  I used a stamp by  Terry Medaris called Prickly Pear Garden from the Southwest Adobe Collection.  The pattern paper is some leftover from a class.


I used chalks to color the image and my hubby REALLY likes this.  Hmmm.... maybe I need to get them out more.  I have 5 different sets by Pebbles Inc. and some great pointy cotton tip swabs.  I sprayed the image with some hair spray to set the chalk.  I like how the buttons matched the paper, too.  And added the white scrappers floss to finish them.


Here's a little closer look at the image.  I purchased this stamp at a garage sale a couple years ago.  I had to used an old mouse pad under my card stock to get a good image.  The mesquite tree did not want to stamp cleanly.  I think I need to put a note in with the stamp about this so I won't mess up more paper.  And yes, I do use the back side of the card stock when this happens but I still don't like getting poor images.  I have some more stamps that I purchased at that yard sale and plan on playing with them soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute card. Good choice of colors. I like the background paper. Love the chalks.
Gail S.

Ginni said...

I'm a big fan of southwestern and really like this, Carol. You did a beautiful job of coloring it, too! Of course, you have the real thing all around you to copy from - LOL!! Thanks for sharing!