Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apples and Pumpkins

Today is our 31st anniversary!  I'm having trouble believing it's been that long since we said "I Do" in front of a judge.  In honor of our special day we took a little trip this past weekend to visit some local sites to the east of us.  We visited a nice Native American museum called the Amerind Foundation at Dragoon, AZ.  They were celebrating their 75th anniversary!  Lots of cool exhibits.  From there we went to the Cochise Stronghold, where Cochise was born and raised.  Then to the Chiricahua National Monument.  Oh, this was absolutely amazing!!! To finish the weekend we went to Apple Annie's north of Willcox, AZ.  I love this place!


Dean cut the pumpkin off the vine...


And I'm holding it for viewing! We took a hay ride and walked through a corn maze.  We also ate roasted corn and purchased some sweet corn, kettle corn, apple cider donuts, and a couple green peppers.

This coming Sunday I'm joining the crop gals east of Tucson and will have them make a little apple tag.  It's 2" wide and 4 3/4" long. Would make a nice bookmark...


The pattern paper is Simple Stories Harvest Lane collection.  The solid card stock and ribbon coordinates with it.  The buttons were purchased at Wally World.


I used my Cricut Expression and the Serenade cartridge to make the apple and the Plantin SchoolBook cartridge for the tag.  I'm learning!!!  I used the "fill page" and quantity buttons for the first time!! I have 19 tags ready to assemble for the gals and they can embellish how they want and use their own ribbon.

No comments: