Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Harvest

You all know I used to be a creative consultant (angel) with The Angel Co. for many years and that the company closed last August.  It was heart-wrenching but then Pam U. purchased many of the designs and opened Red Rubber Designs.  Well, I follow her blog and this week she had a Third Thursday Just Because challenge! I get so much inspiration from the designers (some I know and are ex-angels, too).  I decided to take up the challenge as a break from working on samples for upcoming classes.  All the samples shown are Christmas but I'm not ready yet and I don't have many Christmas stamps that Pam carries.  (I better look through the grab bag boxes and see if there's any there I should keep.)


I used 2 stamp sets on this card: Autumn Leaves and Contemporary Greetings.  The pattern paper is from PaperTreyInk.  I scored the orange base on a diagonal using my Scor-Pal, and did faintly stamp the acorn from the Leaves set.  If you click on the picture and enlarge it you can kinda see.  I used the 3 larges dies from my Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals set.


I also die cut a piece of vellum with the text to go over the pumpkin that was colored with Copic markers.  I had to add some "sparkly" so I found these ivory beads and attached them to the ribbon. I was hesitant at first with the beads where they are but they do now appeal to me.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

great card ... I miss our TAC too!

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome card - I miss TAC so...much.

Missy O said...

Oh my what a beautiful card. I love how you incorporated so many stampsets. I love that pumpkin and have the LE but not the big size oh how I wish.

I am echoing I sure miss TAC and all those wonderful Angels.

Inky Huggz,

Missy
Former Angel 1754