Thursday, July 26, 2012

Looking forward to Autumn

I'm currently working on some Autumn cards for my August 22 class at AZ Scrapbooking in Green Valley, AZ.  I was asked to use paper by Hot Off The Press.  Here's one of 4 cards....


The stamp is by Inkadinkado called Corn. I colored with Copics but didn't try to do any shading or anything.  The leaves are by Petaloo and the bead is from my Clear/Pearl Gem collection.  Want to see it closer?


I colored the bead with a coordinating Copic marker!  And, after getting my fingers colored I figured out what to do.  I added a mini glue dot to the tip of my CutterBee scissor protector and then put the bead on that.  I could then color without getting my fingers colored!  Well, duh!  Took me a while to come up with that!  And I had no fingerprints on the bead! Cool beans! (as my sister-by-choice would say - Hey Sandi, I quoted you!)

It's been hot and muggy here in southern AZ.  We've had over 4" of rain at our place and the weeds are knee high!  Love the moisture! Garden is growing well but do have some problems with ants. Well, off the make more cards!  Hope you come back soon!

3 comments:

Shelly N. said...

great card for a class. Love the colors and the layout is so classic and elegant. Great work as usual! I really do enjoy having your blog in my blog reader. I see what you are doing but seldom leave comments. Hmmm think I need to change that habit.

KellyRae said...

Fabulous card, Carol. LOVE the custom-colored pearl (I usually color mine while still on the transfer sheet - or pop them on the glue dot).

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Carol. The leaves really add to the card.
Gail