Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Flag Day!

Today our great nation celebrates Flag Day.  I proudly have my flag flying.  I consider myself a patriot as I think this nation is exceptional (I'll not get on my political soap box at this time).  I made a card using Memory Works products.  The cool paper (except the solid blue) is all from the pack called Let Freedom Ring by Pebbles.


No don't faint.  There's NO stamping!  Originally I was going to use a flag stamp but it just wouldn't go together the way I wanted.  I'll save that flag for another card.


Here's a close up of the raised panel.  I love the stitching!!! And the other text is a flat sticker, no foam to raise it up.  This is the card I was working on yesterday when I posted my work desk.

Do you know the history behind Flag Day?  It was officially proclaimed in August, 1949 by an act of Congress.  It celebrates the adoption of the flag of the United States.  There's more on Wikipedia if you're interested in more of the history.


And I just had to share a picture I took of a mother Gambel's quail and babies.  There's about 8 of them and boy, can they run!!!  I'm glad my little camera has a pretty good zoom as I took this from inside my house about 50' away.  We have lots of these cool birds in our yard and are so fun to watch.  They are very spooky and just opening the window blinds can make them scurry!

I want to thank all of you who visited my blog yesterday.  I had a record number of hits! I hope my projects and pictures inspire, encourage, and gladden you.  I do LOVE comments so, if you are so inclined, please let me know if you enjoy my pictures, etc.  Thanks, and God Bless America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice flag card, and it's ok that there is no stamping involved. It's still a nice card.
Thanks for posting the picture of the quail and her babies. That was adorable.
I saw a snipe (bird) and her 3 babies yesterday. I had to herd them off the road so they wouldn't get hit. I tried to get a picture, but they were too skittish. Look up a picture of them, they have a really long beak.
Gail