Sunday, January 1, 2012

Newsprint on my Card

Happy New Year!  I hope you had a safe New Year's Eve!  We went to see War Horse (usually go to church for a midnight service but, no church since it fell on Saturday night) which was very graphic but a good movie! (I did have my hands over my eyes during a few scenes.) And we were home well before midnight.

You know that I'm a Technique Junkie and this month my swap card used a technique called Newsprint Reveal.  It is a messy technique but interesting.  I received a gorgeous card using the technique so had to give it a try on my return card.


I just don't know.  It's not the technique but the general design that I'm not real thrilled about.


I used some pearls from the Clear & Pearl Gem collection and a stamp by Glitz.   I will probably try this technique again.  I like the way it looks but will change the layout.

Yesterday I was checking my standings on the Top 50 sites and was so excited!  I made #3 on the Scrapbooking site and #5 on the Stamping site.  And the cardmaking site was #14.  How cool!  To see more about these sites just check them out in the left sidebar.

1 comment:

Myrna Marcano said...

Happy New Year!

Good day! Your card is pretty good. I like the techniques you used and accessories.
Thanks for sharing your talent.
Hugs, Myrna